Spiritual grounding has become more important than ever in our busy, fast-paced, and often chaotic lives. When we ground ourselves we get out of our heads and establish a harmonious flow of energy, and focus our energy and attention on what really matters. Learn the five signs you need spiritual grounding and ideas on how you can become more grounded in your being. (Estimated reading time: 4 minutes)
“Get yourself grounded and you can navigate even the stormiest roads in peace.”— Steve Goodier
Trees are some of the most magnificent organisms on the planet. Some are as tall as skyscrapers. They’re also the longest living species on Earth – the oldest trees, like giant sequoias, are thought to be 4,000-5,000 years old.
For this reason, trees have been revered as the perfect symbol for spiritual growth, wisdom, and resilience. We have a lot to learn from trees, but one of the biggest one is the art of grounding.
Like a mighty oak with strong and sturdy roots, planting our feet firmly on the ground helps us cope with the changes all around us. When we’re rooted in our authenticity, we can give back to the world without expecting anything in return. We can stand tall during all seasons of life, no matter what they bring, whether it be rainstorms, sunshine, or hurricanes.
When we’re grounded like the tree, we stay in the present moment and focus our energy and attention on what really matters. We can outstretch our branches, trying out different experiences and reinventing ourselves without losing a grip on our essence and the vision that we have for life.
If you’ve ever taken a yoga class, then you may have heard of the tree pose. During the pose, the instructor asks you to stand tall, grow your branches, find your roots, and even hold the vision of an evergreen and steadfast tree in your mind while you do it. The popularity of the pose is a testament to the power of trees.
Some days you can feel as sturdy as a Baobab, while on others, you feel as fragile as a Bonsai. If you find yourself getting distracted by busy thoughts, or overwhelmed by a never-ending to-do list, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and realign with your roots. What matters is that you continually aspire to be grounded and strong at your core.
Spiritual grounding has become more important than ever in our busy, fast-paced, and often chaotic lives. Most people live in urban, concrete jungles, away from nature, surrounded by distractions. Their minds are preoccupied with worries and concerns, and they quickly get ungrounded and out of balance.
Spiritual grounding can help us get out of our heads and reestablish a harmonious flow of energy between the mind, body, and spirit. Grounding is not some tree-hugger lingo or New Age buzzword – it’s a scientific process that reconfigures your personal frequency to match Earth by balancing the electrical and magnetic energies within you.
Grounding is an essential component of the manifestation process. It allows us to become better attuned to messages from our higher self, as well as signs, and synchronicities from a higher realm which will push us to take inspired action. In a practical sense, grounding gives us the mental resources to take our ideas and make them a reality.
Besides connecting with nature and practicing yoga, you can do several things to get grounded: consume earthy food and drink, wear certain stones and symbols, engage in physical activity, meditate and working on your root chakra, wear earthy colors, or burn candles and incense with grounding scents like sage, pine, cedarwood, etc.
An important aspect of the grounding process is to remain tuned to the rhythms of your body to figure out when you require grounding. Look out for these five telltale signs (note: these could also be signs of certain health conditions; in which case you should seek medical advice):
1. Inability to focus and complete tasks: If you notice yourself zoning out while trying to concentrate on a task, it is a sign of being ungrounded. With your thoughts all over the place, you’re unable to get things done on time. Some people may also experience spells of lightheadedness and dizziness.
2. Feeling tired and lethargic: Feeling tired and constantly drained could be due to being ungrounded. You should pay special attention if you’re tired and lethargic even after getting a good night’s rest. Laziness and feeling unable to get yourself to participate in daily life is also another red flag.
3. Anxiety and emotional highs and lows: It is normal to experience mild episodes of anxiety in our daily lives, but if we experience it consistently on intense levels, we need to look at the root cause. Another similar symptom is if your life feels like a roller coaster of emotional highs and lows.
4. Having difficulty communicating and forgetfulness: Having trouble stringing words together and articulating your thoughts and being more forgetful than usual are classic signs of being ungrounded.
5. Having the urge to move your body and connect with nature: Strong cravings to get outside and spend time in natural surroundings originate from your human instinct to feel close to mother nature. A buildup of stagnant energy also urges you to get moving and engage in physical activity to get the blood flowing.
Although it may seem counterintuitive, being firmly planted to the Earth enables us to reach higher levels of growth and evolution. Without an anchor, we float into the unknown realms of space. When we’re grounded, we can ascend, but with a sense of purpose and direction.
All my best on your journey.
Question for you: What symptoms do you experience when you feel ungrounded? What steps can you take to gain spiritual grounding and return to balance?
Did you like this post? Sign up below and I’ll send you more awesome posts like this every week.
'The Fast Track Guide to Turning Your Dreams into Reality'
Needed to read this….I struggle with anxiety and worry- have my entire life. Even as a child I would worry about things and have small break downs and panic attacks over things that didn’t seem to bother others. I still struggle with it today. Working on it… little by little…maybe some of these tips will help me out! Thanks!
Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I so needed to read this.