If you observe animals, you’ll notice that most of them possess an uncanny sense of timing, which comes from their survival instincts. Many species of birds, wildebeest, zebras and gazelles somehow sense when they need to migrate to a different area so that they can find greener pastures. Squirrels, rabbits and deer know when to begin preparing for winter by gathering and storing food and finding shelter.
Perhaps the most fascinating creature of all is the caterpillar and how it goes through the stages of metamorphosis. The caterpillar knows when it’s the right time to wriggle into a cocoon, and when to burst out of it and fly out as a butterfly. It does not rush the process because it knows that if it gets out of the cocoon prematurely, it won’t have enough time to fully develop into a beautiful butterfly.
I’ve always believed that we can learn a lot from these creatures’ instinctual understanding of the times and the seasons. In fact, Mother Nature has gifted all living beings, including humans, with this natural ability. Yet, because our minds are a lot of more complex and dependent on rational thought, we block our access to this reservoir of instinctive wisdom.
In an age of instant gratification and advanced technology, our thoughts have become like uncontrollable racehorses that simply want us to charge ahead and move as fast as possible. Any potential obstacles that causes an impasse discourages us and makes us want to give up.
We want our dreams and hopes to unfold, based on our own self-created timetable. When the outcomes that we desire are taking longer to materialize, we can easily get disheartened and quit. We might mistake a temporary detour for the end of the road.
What most people don’t realize is that there is a confluence of energies that affect the patterns and timing of the events that occur in our lives. These energies originate from the same mysterious force that orchestrates the movement of the planets, stars and galaxies. In our own lives, it operates as a benevolent force that works at establishing harmony and purpose.
When we are aware that such a wise influence exists and we learn to trust this Higher Intelligence, we can begin working in tandem with it. We do this by simply tapping into our natural instincts that we are born with. When we tap into this innate knowing, we will see that there is no need to fight and struggle against reality, and we can easily accept the natural flow of life.
This does not mean that we rest on our laurels and just let things happen. It is critical that we remain proactive about making things happen in all areas of our lives, but we need to temper that with an ability to adapt to the results that we get from our actions. You may not get that dream job opportunity that you applied for, your relationships or marriage falls apart, or your business closes down.
If we are connected to our inner wisdom, we will perceive these events as stepping stones in our personal evolution and we’ll do our best to learn and bounce back from these experiences. We will also have a knowing that the time is not right for us to have whatever it is that we desire. We trust that there is a purpose for these delays and we continue to move forward with focus and determination.
With a finely honed sense of timing, we will know when it is the best time to grab a particular opportunity, or when we should let go of a person or situation that is not serving our higher purpose. We respect the natural ebb and flow of the tides in our life and adapt to whatever it brings us.
Although it is easy to understand this on a conceptual level, it can be a challenge to apply these principles in real life. When we ardently desire something in our life and there seems to be no signs of having it in the near future, we can feel hopeless and despondent.
I have listed some tips below that will help you manage these feelings by getting comfortable with the pace of the events that are occurring in your life, and I genuinely believe that you will have what is right for you when the time is right.
- Live in the present moment: When we dwell on the past or the future, we waste precious moments that we could have utilized for doing more productive or enjoyable things. Present moment awareness brings calm, peace and serenity, and it’s usually during this phase that the Universe reveals the next step (via our intuition) that we should take. I highly recommend reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle to learn more about how you can live in the present moment.
- Always stay connected to your intuition: Since we receive all messages from a Higher Intelligence and from our own internal processing through our intuitive sense, it is imperative for us to find ways to stay connected to this part of ourselves. All our decisions require a balanced combination of logical thinking and intuitive wisdom for the best outcome. The best way to connect to our intuition is by taking the time to reflect, meditate or engage in any creative endeavor.
- Soak in the learning from every experience: When things don’t go according to our agenda, it’s usually because there are certain lessons that we need to learn before we are ready to receive whatever it is that we desire. If we don’t take the time to acknowledge and absorb the learning, the lessons will keep repeating itself and will continue to slow down our progress. For this reason, we need to make a concerted effort to soak in the wisdom so that we can make better choices in the future.
- Continue to stay focused on your vision: The law of attraction states that the more focused we are on achieving our outcome, no matter how many obstacles we encounter along the way, the faster we will attract our desired objective. If we stay focused on our vision and we consistently take the necessary steps to get there, the Universe will eventually respond with an outcome that is most appropriate for our personal evolution.
- Work on strengthening your faith: Faith is the elixir that will give us encouragement when things aren’t happening as quickly and smoothly as we want them to be. We need to hold on to our faith by engaging in a variety of practices, such as prayer, reciting affirmations, journaling, attending events and support groups, hiring coaches or counselors, or simply speaking to friends and family who can support you. Choose the ones that work best for you and practice them on a regular basis.
The next time you feel a sense of urgency to move forward in your life, take a deep breath and watch the natural world around you. You will be reminded that you are not alone in your quest for joy and greatness.
The same force that makes sure that the sun rises and sets on time, and ensures that a tiny acorn will steadily grow into a big, mighty tree, is that same one that is responsible for the blossoming of your future. Trust that it will do its part, if you do yours, in creating your beautiful tomorrow.
All my best on your journey,
Question for you: Have you always struggled to trust in the timing your life? What are some steps that you can take to feel better about the current pace of events in your life and trust in the Universes concept of right timing?
Did you like this post? Sign up below and I’ll send you more awesome posts like this every week.